You cannot just read about getting a job. The best way to get a job is to go out and get interviews! And the best way to get interviews is to make a job out of getting a job.
After many years of experience, we have identified just seven basic things you need to do that makes a big difference in your job search. Each will be covered and expended on in coming weeks.
- Identify your key skills and challenges and develop a “Skills Language” to describe yourself.
- Define your ideal job.
- Learn the two most effective job search methods.
- Create a superior resume and a portfolio.
- Organize your time to get two interviews a day.
- Dramatically improve your interviewing skills.
- Follow up on all leads.
Credit: Michael Farr with Daniel J. Ryan, Ph.D